Traditionally, The DairyNews sums up the results of the year in nine nominations. Stefan Duerr has won in the category Hero of the Year.
The person who tolerates no compromises, does not intend to depend on processors, builds dairies in 10 regions of Russia, produces 1.9 thousand tonnes of milk per dayand takes personal responsibility for the quality of the dairy products. This is the hero of the year 2018. This is Stefan Duerr, President of EkoNiva Group. For the second year in a row, he has been the hero of the dairy industry!
As of 2018, Stefan Duerr:
- Produces 1.9 thousand tonnes of milk per day.
- Builds dairies in 10 regions of Russia.
- Is a top ten milk producer in the world.
- Is to be granted 3 billion rubles for the construction and modernisation of dairies.
- Has entered the dairy product market.
- Has received the Golden Clover award for the best milk.
- Has become a co-chairman of Soyuzmoloko.
Stefan Duerr has announced ambitious plans for the coming years:
- Construction of two dairies producing 200 tonnes of milk each in Moscow oblast.
- Investing 20 billion rubles in the new milk processing plant in Stupino.
- Construction of a large dairy in Altai area.Estimated investment volume — 2.8 billion rubles, milking herd — 3,300 head, possible development of milk processing.
- Producing 5 thousand tonnes of milk per day by 2024.
- Exporting cheese to China.